[pct-l] Oregon Section E Report

I just returned from a trip to Oregon, and Wednesday thru Saturday
of last week hiked from  Charlton Lake to Hwy 242 at Mckenzie Pass.
There were tons of blowdowns blocking the trail, especially in the
old burn area between Charlton and Irish lakes. Lots of snow as well,
starting at Camelot Lake and continuing up past Minnie Scott Spring.
No Ice Axe is needed, but you'll want a map and compass, as well
as protection from the mosquitos. When the trail disappears in snow,
just hike due North, and chances are you'll see the trail poke thru
again
within 10 minutes. Worked for me. The snow seems to be melting fairly
slowly, so I wouldn't expect conditions to be much different for the 4th
of July weekend.

David Paulson (WalkOn)