[pct-l] trail conditions??

I am planning on entering the PCT on Wednesday and Making the Sequoia in a
week or so.  I will be hiking north for a month.  Does anyone know the
current trail conditions for those high passes?  I have check the Sequoia
Backcountry page but most are a month old.  I am not traveling with an ice
axe or crampons and I want to know is it possible to stay on the PCT for
500miles with out them?  Also how is the trail up to Whitney, is that
possible without snow/ice gear???  Thank you for any help!! I am not used to
hiking in altitudes like this and not sure what to expect�� Dustin