[pct-l] Donner Party

The PCTA sticker in my truck's back window engendered a conversation this
morning with a guy doing some landscape work in my neighbor's yard.  He was
interested in the trail and had done some hiking in his life.  In the middle
of our conversation we introduced ourselves.  He is Larry Donner, (many
times great) nephew of George Donner who led the Donner Party to its
unfortunate fate in the Northern Sierras.  (Larry's direct ancestor luckily
remained behind in Minnesota.)  Seems a contingent of the Donner clan will
be reuniting this summer at Donner Lake after (way, way after) the snow
clears.

Wayne Kraft