From: goslowgofar <goslowgofar@yahoo.com>
Sent: Jun 25, 2005 9:06 AM
To: pct-l@mailman.backcountry.net
Subject: Re: [pct-l] goats and nps land (was a boy and his dog...)

According Yosemite's Wildlife Biologist, goats may carry diseases that could affect the bighorn sheep that the park is trying to reintroduce to the high country.  If that's true, that's a shame; I have been impressed with the goats that I've met on the trail (outside the park, of course!) and could see using them in the future when my knees won't allow me to carry a lot on my back.  They appear to be less work than llamas (is that actually the case?)...
Katy

Carolyn Eddy <ECPG@peoplepc.com> wrote:
Goats are generally allowed where packstock are but there are some trails
closed to goats that are open to horses and llamas. No real reason, just
because they are not traditional. Mostly on NPS land.

Carolyn Eddy
"Sweet Goat Mama"
www.goattracksmagazine.com

GoSlowGoFar