[pct-l] Glasses and Contacts

I have both glasses and contacts.  I hate wearing my glasses for
exercise because I always manage to fog them up. being right in my face
and all.  Further, they don't accept clip-on sunglasses or anything like
that.  So, I'm thinking of using contacts and contacts only on my (most
likely) 2006 hike.  I haven't ever taken contacts out on the trail
before. so I am wondering if anybody has any comments regarding whether
or not they've given themselves an eye infection, left their contacts in
for many many days, or what?

Also I can't put them in without a mirror. so the solution and a
tiny-mirror add to the weight.  Any smart ideas?