[pct-l] Crosscountry - Kings Canyon NP near Whitney

My son and I are planning to hike from Kennedy Meadows and out thru
Whitney Portal after climbing Mt. Whitney.  Since we have already hiked
Horseshoe Meadows to Crabtree Meadows, we are thinking of going from
Siberian Pass to Upper Rock Creek Basin, then cross country to Sky Blue
Lake, on to Consultation Lake, on the east side just off the Whitney
Portal trail. Is that a reasonable plan?  Met a guy last summer who
discussed going over Mitre Pass.  Can't find that on a map.  Any
opinions, suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Joel (19 yrs. doing
the PCT, will finish in '06)