[pct-l] BearVault Rental for Thru Hikers

I guess I am behind the times, but  I just read that BearVault will rent a
canister for pickup at KM and return at  Echo Lake Resort.  For $55 you get to
use the canister and includes all  shipping charges.  There is a $30 returnable
deposit too.  Kind of  interesting.

I am thinking of buying the new  solo canister for myself.  I will use it for
long trips too.  It would  be basically a safety or backup for my food if I
get hit by a bear/rodent.   That way I can easily hike out to resupply or end
the trip.

Your hiking buddy and Mt. Whitney  Expedition Member, Switchback