[pct-l] what happened to the boy and his dog?

No one showed up with a dog in bad shape this year in Agua Dulce, so he must have put his dog before his own desires.  Every one of the dogs that made it to our place this year were in EXCELLENT conditon (still running and playing upon arrival, no problems whatsoever).  Sid, the goat, was faring very well too!  It was a very good year for the companion animals, due to the cooler than normal conditions.

L-Rod

-----Original Message-----
From: Brian <briandid@telusplanet.net>
Sent: Jul 22, 2005 10:41 PM
To: pct-l@mailman.backcountry.net
Subject: [pct-l] what happened to the boy and his dog?

On the second day of our section hike this Spring (May 17th) we ran into a young fellow from "out east" with his dog.  His dog had developed major blisters.  This poor young guy was maybe 19 and planning to thru hike.  He was very distraught over the plight of his poor dog.  We never saw him or heard about him again.  Does any one know what happened to him?  His dog?

He seemed liked a good guy and we really wished him well.  When we were slogging along in 100 plus heat, feet burning we thought of him and his dog.  We of course questioned the wisdom of taking a dog on a thru hike but understood that he wanted to take his best friend with him.