[pct-l] OT: Anyone in SoCal want to help w/ a film shoot this Thurs/Fri?

hi all-

sorry for the off-topic post, but we're trying to come up with some
volunteers to help with a film shoot on thursday evening to friday
morning, june 23-24 at ghost mountain in anza borrego state park
(visible from the pct near mt. laguna! i knew i could make this on-topic
somehow!)

anyway, a documentary is being made about Marshal South (1930s desert
hermit/writer/proto-hippie), and while it's a professional production,
at this point it's being made as a labor of love and volunteers are
always needed to help carry equipment up and down the mountain. because
of the heat, we need more volunteers than usual to share the load, and
right now we're coming up short. this shoot is specifically to get
footage of the agaves in bloom, with sunset coverage on thurs and
sunrise coverage on friday morning.

this is from diana lindsay, who is coordinating the shoot:

*********************
Dates are set -- June 23-24 to meet at Yaquitepec at 4 p.m. to haul
equipment up the mountain so that blooming agaves can be filmed around
the ruins of Marshal South's home. We will haul down the equipment about
9 a.m. We need lots of help. It is hot and if we have more people, it
will be easier on all to carry things up. Last time we needed 8 people.
  We will need at least that many again. Bring empty backpacks to haul
equipment.

Plan on bringing overnight gear if you can stay over and potluck to
share. Let me know asap if you can help. Need to make sure we have
enough people helping. Thanks for your support!

also, here's a link to diana's book on marshal south (which i helped
research) in case you don't know anything about him:

http://tinyurl.com/78m3c

ok!! please send me an email off-list of you're interested or if you
have further questions.

cheers!
girlscout