[pct-l] caches at Kelso V. Rd. and Bird Spring Pass

A quick addendum to my previous post: I just spoke to the Barciks and they
are servicing both Kelso Valley Rd.  611.8 and Bird Spring 627.2. with
approx. 75 gallons at least once, sometimes twice a week. Mr. Barcik said
they intend to keep doing so through September and then only sporadically
after that.

Although it is very unwise to stake one's life or health on the kindness of
strangers, in this unique case, given these locations, it's very very hard
not to rely on one or both of these. It appears that these sources are
about as close to a dead-solid lock as possible. Mr. Barcik said they've
"been run pretty low but never totally dry" in all the restocking trips
they've made this year.

How do you thank people like this for doing this kind of backbreaking work
for our community? If they have yet to be honored by the PCTA, it might be
nice if they were on the nomination list for the next time around ...

DP