[pct-l] Bear Canisters

Good point about bears moving around bear canisters.
Bears have been known to roll them into rivers and off
cliffs.  It was suggested to me to
1.  Put in a level spot, preferably supported by rocks
or logs to prevent rolling.
2.  Put a pan on top and if I heard the pan fall over
to immediately get out of the tent and throw pine
cones at the bear.  Bears apparently do not like pine
cones being thown at them.
Several times the bears did manage to tip over my bear
vault, but I never went after them and they never got
inside.
Sabina

Discover Yahoo!
http://discover.yahoo.com/weekend.html