[pct-l] Bear Canisters

Bear Vault offers a rental system for PCT thru-hikers.  Since they don't
define "thru-hiker" I suppose they might do it for anyone who is interested in
doing the Sierra section that you would need a canister for.

As for how to store a canister, it is recommended that you put between two
logs so that it is hard to get at.  I would also put a pan or something to make
noise on it so that if a bear got it, then it would wake you up and you could
at least track where he/she would smack it to.

Gorg, or rather Greg, or maybe today it is Gerg!  I just felt a strong
earthquake while writing this, in Newport Beach.  Yee haw, it is fun riding these
Sth Calif. rock broncos around at times!

In a message dated 6/16/2005 1:35:49 PM Pacific Daylight Time,