[Fwd: [pct-l] birds on the PCT]

Hi Lindy. No wonder Brian loves the Hermit Thrush song, because it seems to be the same bird that you're talking about. Maybe her song varies a little? I asked Oregon Birders Online, and according to your description, this is what 3 of OBOLers had to say:

"This is the Hermit Thrush song.  Hermits are the thrushes of the conifer
forests in Oregon.  Swainson's prefer riparian forests, with a heavy
deciduous component, generally at lower elevations.  The Wood Thrush is a
bird of the Eastern deciduous forest and it is not found in the west except
as a vagrant.  The below description is typical for Hermit."  -Larry

"Sounds like Hermit Thrush if in Oregon."  -Alan

"Sounds like a Hermit Thrush to me - especially if it was heard in the high country."
  -(another) Alan

I wouldn't take up any more space on this. Enjoying posts on this list ;-D.  -AF