[pct-l] Endless Winter

Yeah, and that's at *lake* level. Higher up, they're expecting more. On the
local SF forecast I heard up to a foot. That's the bad news. The good news is
that the melt off has been pretty rapid.

*On average* we're now virtually on track for a normal snow year. See
http://cdec.water.ca.gov/cgi-progs/current/PLOT_SWC

Results are spotty, however. See
http://cdec.water.ca.gov/cgi-progs/reports/PAGE6.html
to get a feel for just how spotty things are.

Nearer the PCT, Volcanic Knob (10,500') is registering just under 10" of water
equivalent which I estimate to be between 24 and 30" of snow. Crabtree mdw is
registering 0, as is Charlotte Lake (near Glen Pass).

On the other hand, Tioga Road (Hwy 120) to Tuolumne Mdw is still closed,
primarily because of avalanche danger (and big rocks on the road). See
http://www.nps.gov/yose/now/tioga.htm