[pct-l] birds

> I can sit at dusk and listen to a Hermit
> thrush for a long time, with pleasure.

What many folks may not realize - and this included me for a
confounded period of years as well - is that the hermit
thrush, in addition to its well-known and beautiful song,
also has a call that is categorically awful. This "dud" is a
single syllable squeak, rising in pitch, and sounding
something like a rusty door hinge. You'll most often hear
the hermit thrush using this call during the day, whereas
its beautiful and familiar song is generally heard in the
evening. Once identified, the harsh call is just as
unmistakable as the song.

Apparently the avian gods have a sense of humor!

- blisterfree

Simblissity Ultralight :: One-of-a-Kind Designs for the
Great Outdoors
www.simblissity.net