[pct-l] garcia vs. lexan bear cannisters

The BearVault models BV110B and BV200 are fully approved by the SIBBG; the
governing body for the Sierras.  The BV250 and BV300 models are conditionally
approved by the SIBBG; conditional approval means the canisters can be used
throughout the Sierras without any restrictions. After one season if there are
not repeated, similar failures in the field the approval changes from
conditional to just "approved".
The BV250 and BV300 are also Grizzly approved by the IGBC.
So the latest models, the BV250 and BV300, are approved by all of the governing
bodies.
We did have failures of the BV100 due to lid manufacturing issues; that lid
design is no longer sold. It is those failures which you are referring to.
Hope this clears things up; the model information is at www.bearvault.com for
more information.
Jamie and Cindy at BearVault