From: "dave" <akamp@qwest.net>
To: <pct-l@mailman.backcountry.net>
Sent: Tuesday, June 14, 2005 10:31 AM
Subject: Re: [pct-l] missing hiker

> well having worked search and rescue before the budgets are small and
> most are volunteers and they just cant search for ever with out a solid
> lead.
>

> > Shutterbug steiner wrote:
> >
> >>He is still missing, I was out searching on Saturday and I have been
contacted by  a few wjp have hopes for searching....... it sounds that if
anything is going to be done it will be done by lovers of the PCT.
Rivreside SAR will continue to do regular training exercises in the area but
nothing widespread or organized unless a substantial clue is found.  When we
were looking we found a canteen on Saturday and  according to one of his
friends John had a traditional of carrying a canteen.  But as we researched
further with his hiking buddy Lynn claims that he had resorted to a bladder
system.  The haystack did not dissappointedly get smaller.