From: Sharon & Chuck Chelin [mailto:chelin@teleport.com]
Sent: Sunday, June 12, 2005 6:23 PM
To: Brian Bowlsby; pct-l
Subject: Re: [pct-l] Bear Cannisters in the North Cascades

...Then finally I had my arm in exactly the
right position, and my timing must have been perfect, because when I whapped
the inside of the bag right under him I heard an immediate thwack on the
underside of the tarp.  I am reasonably convinced that if the tarp hadn't
been in the way I would have sent his fuzzy-butt into low earth orbit.
Anyway, that was the last I heard from him and he didn't get in the food
sack.

Steel-eye