[pct-l] Sad news

In a message dated 6/13/2005 8:44:01 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
spiritbear2k@hotmail.com writes:

> For those who knew and loved Larry and Annie Mcduff - Annie was killed two
> years ago while riding her bike.  And Larry was killed today - while riding
> his bike.  I have no more details - this is all I got from the ALDHA list.

That's so incredibly tragic.  Such an awesome couple.  From a local news
story...

http://tinyurl.com/clllp

(FAIRHOPE, Ala.) June 13 -- Police say a man known for his love of cycling
has died at the hands of a hit and run driver. The story is a double tragedy
since the man?s wife was also killed two years ago in Fairhope while riding her
bike. Monday morning?s crash, also in Fairhope, happened on Highway 98 just
south of Volanta Avenue.??

Fairhope Traffic homicide investigators say 65 year old Laurence McDuff was
riding his bicycle down Highway 98 Monday morning when he was struck by an
unidentified vehicle on the shoulder of the road. Police officers have very little
to go on and have been asking the public for help.

Fairhope Police Chief Chris Browning: ?The person operating the automobile
fled the scene right at rush hour traffic. We don't have a lot of information to
go on. We're working desperately to develop information on who the driver was
who left the scene of the accident.?

Monday evening, Police announced they had found the vehicle believed to be
involved in the accident. It?s described as a 1991 Black Jeep Cherokee. They are
still looking, however, for the driver. If you have any information which
might help authorities find the person responsible, call the Fairhope Police at
(251) 928-2385.

In a previous accident in February of 2003, McDuff?s wife, 58-year-old Ann
McDuff, was struck and killed while riding her bicycle at the intersection of
County Roads 27 and 34. Authorities say the crash that took her life was NOT a
hit and run.