[pct-l] Deep Creek Parking

I would not park at the PCT and 173 ---- about three years ago I got my car broken into there.    The road to Splinters Cabin is closed because of the OLD fire and Cedar Glen and parking at the gate would not be advisable -- I have heard complaints from the owners on the end.  We usually park at the Lake Arrowhead Hospital and take the North Shore Campground Trail to Hook Creek to Splinters and the PCT.  It is about 5 miles extra.

Duane

maurer@earthlink.net wrote:
Hey all,

Glen (VP) and I are going to do some gear testing over a quick 50 mile
section from south of Onyx summit to Deep Creek later this week. Anyone
have any idea if there is decent/safe overnight parking near the deep
Creek traihead or along the road that leads up to it?

Muchas gracias.

Mike Maurer
Gossamer Gear