[pct-l] Message from Old Gal and update on thru hiker "D+irt" (Travis)

Message from Old Gal:

I am now in Seattle and will start my South bound hike
of the three sections I need to complete and that will
finish up Washington State for me. I am hiking with my
granddaughter.  I arrived at Snoqualmie Pass as 5.30
p.m on Friday (June 10th), read the sign in book in
the Hotel.  Went into the new grocery store and a
person could resupply from this store.  The Post
Office will still not accept parcels.  In fact the
residents have to pick up Parcels in North Bend.

I just about ran over a man in the parking lot. I was
so sure he was a thru hiker and he was.  He started at
the Canadian Border on the 29th of May and arrived in
Snoqualmie Pass at 5.30 p.m. on June 10th.  He also
took the Forest Service re-route to Stevens Pass and
said it was a beautiful trail.   He said his trail
name was D+rt.  That's  d plus rt, am not sure if that
was a trail name or a email name anyhow his name was
Travis and he had a bushy beard.  He was just going to
shop for groceries, make some phone calls and keep on
going.  I was the first person he had seen on his hike
south.  He had a big smile when I asked him where he
had come from, and when he said Canada I let out a war
hoop. It was great to see him.

Also in the register arrived June 3rd were section
hikers Wendy and Gorden Bell.

And:  On June 10th Tom and Krystal also arrived at
Snoqualmie during the day. They started at Manning
Park on May 25th.  The young man I met seemed to think
they did not take the alternate route but went out
towards Stevens Pass and on.     Old Gal

Discover Yahoo!
http://discover.yahoo.com/weekend.html