[pct-l] Bigger Needle or a smaller hay stack

Today a friend and I continued our search for the Missing John Donavon in the San Jacintos.  We started at Black Rock Camp and headed towards Saddle Junction.  Trail had VERY spotty snow and was very passable.  Pick Axe and the Trail gorrilas were out in full force so the terrain will improve.  There was one stream crossing that was a little scarey.  We went down about a half a dozen high risk and steeply exposed canyons but found  no clues.  Fuller Ridge looks way different when it is snowless ...... I was surprised at the occassional rocks and valleys that looked familiar even without the snow ..... so the tracks at least on the Northern side coincided closely to the real tread.  Still a lot of territory and some random guesswork and just plain luck will bring this trajedy some closure.

Shutterbugg

Discover Yahoo!