[pct-l] "Registering" for the PCT in the N . Cascades

Geoffrey,

The Golden West Visitor Center and Ranger Station is located in Stehekin.
The contact information can be found at this link.
http://www.nps.gov/noca/pphtml/facilities.html.

I don't think I would rely on the USFS or NPS to notice your absence. Your
wife may be the best person to do that. Sign trail registers, check in with
rangers and talk to other hikers to leave evidence of your passing if a
search is required.

Frank Dumville

the mountains.  If I don't show up when I'm supposed to, I want my absence
to be "noticed."

> I have read that one self-registers at Snoqualamie Pass as one starts
north.
>  But what about after that.
> ?Because I'll be doing the Stevens Pass to Stehekin alone, I would like
to alert a ranger station/park officials etc. to my intended whereabouts
and intended arrival in Stehekin.  With whom does one
> register?
> ? And for the Stehekin to Manning portion, does one reigster at High
Bridge Ranger Station just outside of Stehekin?
> ?Does anyone know the phone #of High Bridge Ranger station?  I just did a
web search and couldn't find it.  I want to be able to leave the number
with my wife.