[pct-l] mountaineering training

Greg, excellent question.  I was a little concerned by the questions being
asked at Day Zero this year.  My mountaineering buddy and I were aware
that the type of question meant that the questioner had no experience.

I've asked professional guide, Kurt Wedberg (Everest 95), who owns Sierra
Mountaineering International, whether he could put together one of his
patented snow travel classes, which teaches exactly what you want, for
next year.  He is interested in doing that.  Perhaps it could be done just
before the kick-off, at San Jacinto.

Or, you could go up to where he teaches all winter, out of Bishop.

www.sierramountaineering.com

He teaches a lot of mountaineering/avalanche skills for the Sierra Club,
in SoCal.

Ken