[pct-l] Bear Cannisters in the North Cascades

Ok veterans, I'm getting close to my own kick off date for the North Cascades.  Most everyone in Yogi's great book says they slept with their food in their tent, under feet or off to the side.  Bear
cannisters weigh a lot and often, animals get into hung food.  I have twine for hanging and own a cannister.  What's your advice?  How finnicky is the Park, when I get there about bear proofing?  How
big a problem are bears in the North?
											Geoffrey (Philadelphia)