[pct-l] Crater Lake snow

I drove to the rim of Crater Lake yesterday for a work visit. Coming in
through the south entrance along Hwy62  I noticed there was about 2ft of
snow at the PCT crossing with some openings in the sun and south slopes.
When I got up to the rim there was about 3-4ft snow max. There are some bare
spots, but there is a layer of new snow on top of the old snow.  The north
entrance down to Diamond Lake opened yesterday, and looking north the Pumice
Desert was bare of snow. Mt Thielson, Diamond, and the Sisters all showed
snow draped shoulders. The naturalist at CLNP said the winter's snow level
was 75% of normal. And the lake was gorgeous!