[pct-l] Re: cloudburst vs. rainshadow

We just used a Cloudburst with beak and floor for the PCT from Campo to I10.
It served its purpose - no snakes came in and bugs were at a minimum. A lot
of condensation if we camped on anything but sand. However, on the JMT and
points north we use a Golite tarp, and I vastly prefer it. It seems huge
compared to the Cloudburst. We can get all our gear under it, and I pitch it
high enough so that I can sit up in it. Never had a condensation problem.
Only time I would prefer the Cloudburst would be in a July trip where
mosquitos would be a problem.
Ralph Alcorn
http://www.backpack45.com/camino2.html