[pct-l] To do the PCT or not (this year)

Hello,
I am currently involved in an internal struggle over whether or not I should
embark on a highly-anticipated backpacking trip this summer. My plan has
been that I will be doing a section of the PCT stretching from Sonora Pass
to Mt. Whintey, approximately 230 miles. Due to previous engagements I am
obliged to start this portion of the trail on no later than july 8th. I have
toyed with the idea of beginning at the leavitt trailhead instead of sonora
pass due to possible problems with snow on the pass. Unfortunately I have
not been able to secure a pass leaving from mt. whitney, so I must do the
trail from north to south. I've been keeping up to date on much of the
discussion over snow/water in the region and my pessimistic and worrisome
mentality has me questioning whether or not this particular section of the
PCT is going to be safe for me during this particular year. I am not an
incredibly technical hiker, but I do have some experience and good common
sense to deal with any potential problems. So, I'd like to get some feedback
from anyone that would care to share their opinion on this matter, it would
help greatly. Do I postpone the trip, or plan an alternate one due to the
heavier amount of snow received this year? Or, do I move forward by-passing
sonora pass and hopefully the worst of it? Thanks in advance for any
possible help you can provide!
colllin