[pct-l] re:crampons in August

Well...if it were me....I'd still carry instep crampons *this* August, just
in case.  Perhaps it's just me, but I like the stability and the ability to
crunch over frozen snow.  It may also have to do with the fact that I don't
have depth perception and that having the extra traction makes it easier to
"see" the better foot placements.  I'm probably also concentrating on
thinking about cross-country passes rather than those on the JMT/PCT.

Llamalady wrote: <<The pack string riders have their own routes over the
passes that dodge the snow and the dangerous spots. >>

Marion, dumb question - where do the packers go over Forester when the chute
is full of ice?

Christine "Ceanothus" Kudija
PCT partially '94