[pct-l] solar battery chargers

Once again, folks, use the new lithium AA batts for  anything that uses AAs;
the Eveready package states a 15 year shelf life and a  7X life, meaning 7
times longer than regular alkalines; $20 for 12 at Sams; yes  that's more per
battery than regular alkalines, but do the math for the real  cost per battery.
    If that doesn't convince you, how about lithium AAs  being just over half
the weight of regular AAs - roughly 1 oz vs .5 oz. You  don't have to carry
as many batts, change them as often, etc. (EXAMPLE - On my  500 PCT miles this
spring, I never changed my microcassette batteries through 6  tapes, at 1.2
in/sec; in the past I changed batteries for every tape, because  they sometimes
didn't last thru 2 tapes; this year I changed after the 6th tape  just to be
sure, and I'm using those used batts to type up my journal.)

Bob "Trekker"
Big Bend Desert Denizen
(Naturalized Citizen, Republic of  Texas)