[pct-l] H2o Castle Crag to Etna

Up in this neck of the woods, it's more fall/winter than spring/summer. There was fresh snow in the mountains just last night.  I was on the PCT above Castle Crags three weeks ago and there was tons of water...I've never seen so many water falls through there; lovely.

You didn't say when you might be up here but there is snow on the upper reaches of Castle Crags. Anything above 5000' I think you'll have an issue with the whole trip with the exception of approaching Scott. Mtn. Summit.  My husband and I used Hwy. 3 to go to Trinity County two weeks ago and the Summit (5400') was totally barren of snow.  Ugh??

Good luck,

JoAnn