[pct-l] Preacher Jim is not a troll!

Heh heh yourself, smarty-pants.  Preacher Jim and Jackalope are NOT
trolls.  They are 2005 thruhikers and they are my friends.  Preacher
Jim turned 21 in Idyllwild the day I picked them up to take them back
down to the kickoff, along with Dr. Bob and  49er.  Preacher Jim is the
most positive, happy, shining beacon of goodness I have ever met.
Unfortunately, he can't spell for s***, plus he is using a Pocketmail
device which makes it hard for anyone to produce perfect text.  I'm
sorry he can't spell Oregon correctly, but that doesn't make him a
troll.

My friends started the trail at Campo before the kickoff, and reached
Kennedy Meadows on May 26.  Needing to flip forward *somewhere* they
chose Ashland in the apparently *incorrect but understandable* belief,
based on information posted on this list and elsewhere, that Oregon had
received little rain or snow this winter, and would be abnormally dry.
It's too bad that "winter" is turning out to be normal there after all,
even though it's two months late, according to the local people who
have helped them in the past few days!

So Preacher Jim, in all innocence and goodness, has turned to the list
for advice, and also to provide information for anyone else who might
be thinking of flipping up to Ashland.  It's way too early, snow is
everywhere, they made a mistake, and they are trying to make the best
of a difficult situation, stuck somewhere out in the middle of nowhere,
trying to figure out what to do, and they are trying to warn others.
It seems to me they are in somewhat the same situation other hikers
found themselves in trying to deal with the San Jacintos, the San
Bernardinos, and the San Gabriels, and the list was so concerned, and
so helpful, and so willing to help those folks out.  But these guys,
for some reason, are getting a ration from some folks on the list.  All
you want to do is CORRECT HIS SPELLING and call him a TROLL?   I expect
a certain amount of heh heh snottiness from s.c., but Ms. Kudija you
are a PCTA board member!  Can't you cut a hiker a little slack?  See
beyond the unintended *slight* to your adopted state and instead make a
responsible contribution to the help they have asked for, and thank
them for the warning to others?  I think you can, and should.

I'm sorry I am writing this in anger, but I am very concerned about my
friends, I know they are safe where they are (wherever that is) but I
don't know how they are going to get the situation they are in turned
around, so they can continue their PCT hike.   These are two wonderful
guys!  I know you would enjoy meeting them and wouldn't dream of
treating them this way to their faces.  If you have any real assistance
or encouragement to provide, please do so.  Otherwise, leave them
alone, they don't deserve to have their wrists slapped by other hikers.
  Also, Preacher Jim's email address is <jimjj@pocketmail.com>, which he
stated in his email asking for help.  Maybe you are so busy dumping on
him for his spelling mistakes, you didn't even notice.  The Striker-X
email address is just the address of the *kind people who are
sheltering them at the moment,* letting him use their computer, and you
are now filling that *trail angel's* email inbox with stink mail.

I suggest you take a hike.  Seriously.

Two Legs