[pct-l] which tarptent?

> Perhaps I should have added, that using pine tree branches is not
> something I do on a regular base, more in a case of emergency.
> Placing a tent in an appropriate spot I thought was obvious, so I did not
> even mention it. Though come to think of it, I saw often people waking up
> in a puddle of water!
> Digging a small well around the tent helps also, though some people think
> of it as too much impact on nature as well.
> I still believe, that when camping in remote spots impact is minimal.
> Happy trail

Having water under your tarp because of poor placement, I do not see as a
"kind of emergency".  I don't feel that there is an area along the PCT that
is "in remote spots impact is minimal".  Such use is Illegal for a reason.
The areas that you have been in look remote because people do not do this
and their impact is mimimal (Leave no Trace), on the other hand you seemed
to have developed the attittude and practice to leave as much impact as you
want.  This is not the wild west.

Do you do this in Switzerland???  Much of what you have said is
conflicting - if you have lots of recreational area(including alpine meadow)
but no large open spaces, why do you have to come here and trash the land.