[pct-l] which tarptent?

> When it was very wet with run-offs I made myself a bed of pine tree
> branches below the ground sheet. This kept me off the wet ground, was warm
> and also softer.

this is treading pretty hard on the land, and seems inconsistnet with
regulations and permit requirements that attempt to reduce such use of the
landscape.

If you had set up your tarp in an appropriate place, there would not have
been water running under the tarp. Look at the slope and "run" of the area
where you are camping, to see where the water will run and accumulate.  I am
amazed at how many experinced hikers just plop down on a flat spot when the
weather is deteriorating. Waking up with a lake under your tarp is part of
your outdoor education, cutting branches from the trees to make your self
comfortable is not.

Leave the pine tree branches on the tree.