[pct-l] Lost trail?

Bill & Cathy wrote:
> BlankHi All       got in around 5pm. Capt. Bivy dropped Me and my granddaughter off at little bear springs Friday night. We started our hike at 6am Saturday. We camped Saturday night a couple miles past the disabled bridge on deep creek. This morning we started at 6am again. My intention was to hike to my truck at the I-15
> On the trail we met Travis, no trail name yet, I told him he would get one with the hat he was wearing. After he had left us at about 4 miles per hour, it hit me. I would call him "Lamp Shade". That's what his hat looked like. Ofcourse he doesn't know this. When we stopped at the hot springs there where a few nude people.
>  we ate breakfast and split, we met birdman who said there were 6 hiking together on and off. Lamp Shade was suppose to meet him there but was long gone. We cut our trip short because we could not find the trail once we get to the Mojave river dam. If it is marked we could not find it. we went over the dam and around to 173. We could see the trail from where we were after we were about a 2 miles away in the wrong direction. I called my wife and she came and picked us up and took me to my truck. I was a little discouraged to say the least and my granddaughter was kind of hurting so it was for the best. My pack was right at 55lbs.  I also carry a 2lb solar charger that is for my phone and my camera and any thing else that takes a AA battery. I was kind of hurting too. Will go at it again later when I can find where the trail is at that point.  Remember
> "Be Prepared"   Ground Pounder Bill     "Semper Fi"
>  PS just because you have a solar charger doesn't mean you can get reception every where.

when you cross the dam heading nobo, there's a hill in the middle
separating the two sections of the dam. you have to make a left on the
steep jeep road at this point, descending toward deep creek. then you
make your way along the north bank of the creek (at the moment this
requires a bit of bushwhacking) until you find a good place to ford to
the south side. then it's just a matter of picking up the trail on the
south bank and continuing nobo. the south bank trail is easily visible
from the north bank, and is easy to follow once you're on it.

girl scout