[pct-l] Oregon questions

Sharon & Chuck Chelin wrote:

>Good morning, Joanne,
>
>I wouldn't be surprised if the Windigo Creek outfall was dry, but do you
>remember the condition of the two lakes?  I've never heard of them also
>being dry.

I stopped by the first Windigo Lake when I hiked through there. It is a
beautiful lake with plenty of water and sweet campsites. You have to
bushwack a ways to find it, though. Your PCT map should be sufficient.
There is also a small, unnamed pond to the left of the trail- out of
sight- about 3 mi. up towards Cowhorn Mtn. I got water there at the end
of July, but I don't know that it's year-round dependable. It also has
nice camping.

Judson
Ashland