[pct-l] snowy sections

Hi,

Gary and I are planning to hike the last half of Washington this summer and
should have some time left in September and October to start some California
sections.

I would like to hike some the the Ca sections that are giving everyone snow
trouble now and usually do in a normal year assuming a start from the border
in late April.  We would rather avoid the need for ice axes and crampons if
possible.

Any suggestions from those of you more familiar with Southern California?

Thanks,

Judy K