[pct-l] Tahoe Trail Days

Hi all,

We (at Gossamer Gear) received the following email today and thought
we'd pass it on to the group. I have not ever talked to the fellow who
sent it, I'm simply forwarding it. I have kept the flyer he mentions if
anyone wants me to send it to them.

Mike Maurer

I was given your name as someone who has contact with
quite a few PCT thru hikers. If that is so, I thought
it important to inform you of an event that we are
doing in support of those thru hikers. Our hope is
that you can help spread the word to that community of
hikers.

We, myself and the community of Tahoe City, are
putting on the first annual Tahoe City Trail Days on
July 12 and 13 here in Tahoe City CA. The event,
intended as a support stop along the PCT, is modeled
after a similar, although much bigger and more
established, event in Damascus VA along the
Appalachian Trail. We have the commitment of many key
outdoor manufacturers to be here to provide support
with any equipment repairs needed. We have secured
camping spots for hikers in town and showers are
available. Our goal is to put on a quality event for
the hikers and that they will spread the word  for
future years.

If you have the opportunity to help spread the word
about the event we would appreciate it. I've attached
a basic flyer that can be printed and posted if you
have anyplace appropriate. Any questions can be
directed to me at this email address or by phone at
Alpenglow Sports 530 583-6917.

thanks, Don Fyfe