[pct-l] Pack animals on PCT

Dear Folks,

A close friend and I are considering making the trek up to entire PCT some
time within the next 5 years. We recently got into a debate on the
feasability of bringing along a mule, donkey, or some other pack animal. Can
anyone comment on how realistic bringing a pack animal would be? What are
the pros and cons? Has it been done before? Can a suitable animal be easily
procured? Are the special permits required? Are parts of the trail
innaccessable to animals? Any insights you might offer would be highly
appreciated.

Thanks,
Mick duPont