[pct-l] blazes

Excellent points!!!

A well timed message for those who might be contemplating the Sierras with
this year's crazy snow levels.

Also some good things to consider when feeling the pressure to be a true
"thru-hiker" and not miss a mile of the "real" trail.

Some hikers nearly died recently in the Yukon when they continued their
ascent up Canada's tallest peak in the face of increasingly severe weather
which turned other, arguably wiser hikers down off the mountain.

It seems to me that nine out of ten times the real danger out there is the
situation we put ourselves in when we should have known better.  i.e.,
ill-equipped snow hiking, choosing not to carry an extra couple liters of
water over a dry stretch, eating a bag of Oreos in your sleeping bag at
Little Jimmy campground, etc.  Luck can't always be on our side.

Anyway, thanks Iron Chef for the excellent perspective.

Paul