[pct-l] Oregon questions

Hi all,

Getting into Oregon planning and I have a couple of questions;

1. Once I get to Crater Lake and get my box from Mazama, is there a
place where PCT hikers tend to camp? It'd be great to camp near the rim
- would I hike north a bit and stealth camp?  Just curious.
2. Assuming a Crater Lake camp, does one typically hike the 26 or so
miles to Thielson then camp again? I'm guessing that if I don't do that
I'll need 7-8 liters of water capacity to get through this section and
dry camp. Same question for the Thielson to Summit Lake section.
3. Age old question but I cannot find the info in the archive - which
guide info to carry? I have the guide book, data book, Yogi's book and
the morethanamile PCT printable maps. I can carry any combo I choose.
Navigation doesn't look tough through Oregon so I'd figure on not
printing the maps from the CD (although I have a color printer and topo
paper here at home). Guide book covers tons of info including side
trails, Yogi's book has great real world info, and the data book has ALL
the water info. I suppose I could write the water info into Yogi's pages
and carry them plus the guidebook. Any real world experience w/b
appreciated.

Anyway, thanks in advance for any advice.

Mike Maurer
Gossamer Gear