From: pct-l-bounces@mailman.backcountry.net on behalf of Judy Kroeker
Sent: Thu 6/2/2005 9:58 AM
To: pct-l@mailman.backcountry.net
Subject: [pct-l] Snow Sections

Hi,

Gary and I are planning to hike the last half of Washington this summer and
should have some time left in September and October to start some California
sections.

We would like to hike some the the Ca sections that are giving everyone snow
trouble now (and usually do in a normal year assuming a start from the
border in late April).  I think the operative words are in a normal year. We
would rather avoid the need for ice axes and crampons if possible next
year..

Any suggestions from those of you more familiar with Southern California?

Thanks,

Judy K