[pct-l] Lost Hiker

I will inject a glimmer of hope.  In my 3 S&R for adults as a ski
patroller, two were found quite healthy and alive when they arrived at
home.  For various incoherent reasons these guys left their cars
behind in the parking lot and left ski buddies on the hill.

One portion of a formal S & R is the "bastard search."  At a ski area
this translates to checking the bars & restaurants.  ("You bastard!
Do you know how many people are looking for you?")

Unfortunately, there are a myriad of places a hiker armed with a
credit card can seek refuge.

Has the search hit mass media?

cheers,
terry