[pct-l] Lost Hiker

Thanks Christine.

I regreted my choice of words as soon as I hit send.  They weren't a "bit"
harsh, they were quite harsh which REALLY wasn't how I meant to express my
opinion.

That said, at the risk of dooming myself of any future prospect at
popularity among the respected contributors here, I do believe that
considering this list is being used as part of the search effort, it's no
place to express pessimism when so many people are working so hard in
hopes of a rescue, whether the odds are against one or not.

Regardless of how each of us feels about those odds, we're all hoping for
a happy ending.

Paul

> Paul, thanks for your thoughtful rephrasing of your earlier post.  I had
> similar thoughts about being pessimistic - we hear about survival stories
> all the time, and for the sake of Seabreeze's loved ones, we should remain
> hopeful as much as possible.   I am overwhelmed by the response on this
> list
> by people dropping everything to assist the SAR efforts, and particularly
> Donna/L-Rod's efforts to synthesize as much information as possible.
>
> My thoughts and prayers are with you all.   Don't forget your ice axes &
> crampons.  Please.
>
> Christine "Ceanothus" Kudija
> PCT partially '94

>>> out