[pct-l] Lost Hiker - Mike M SAR plan

Hi all,

It's 3:30 AM on Friday and I'll be heading to Idyllwild shortly. Here is
my plan, for those who will also be volunteering:

I'll be at Humber Park by around 6 AM and should be at Saddle Jct no
later than 7:30 Am. My plan is to follow the PCT north/west to
Strawberry jct but no further, and will scan both sides of the trail for
the lost hiker en route. I will then backtrack to Saddle jct, continuing
to search. I will have binoculars with me to view down any chutes where
he may have fallen. If I return to Saddle Jct and have not found
anything I will scan the general area and will not veer off the PCT for
more than 1 mile in any direction. Also, I will not travel further than
2 miles south of Saddle Jct at any point. I have my GPS with me to
ensure this is the case. If I find nothing during this second phase I
will return down Devils Slide and then home.

Mike