[pct-l] Kennedy Meadows road conditions?

I am trying to get 12 college students into the south Sierra over Memorial
Day weekend and have been encountering some difficult planning because of
prevailing conditions of the backroads. We were initially going in at
Horshoe Meadows Road trailhead and hiking southwest over Trail Pass and into
the S Fork Kern basin. No can do-- according to a post right here on the
list concening HM Road closure. If anyone has been to Kennedy Meadows this
year, here is a string of questions. Thanks for any answers you can provide.

Is the road in from 395 (known as Nine Mile Canyon Rd) open and clear?

According to my map, after it crosses the wilderness boundary, the road is
named  CR J41 all the way to Kennedy Meadows. This road is mainly at 6000+
ft elevation. Is this clear?

The road becomes a Forest Service access road beyond KM (Forest RTE 22S05)
and slowly gains elevation as it passes through Fish Creek, Little Troy and
Troy Meadows. We want to access the trail crossings at 8000 ft. . Would this
road be passable in a Chevy Suburban (w/out FWD)?

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks list!