[pct-l] Southbound Thruhike Considerations...HELP

An unforseen event in my life this past march has caused my much planned and
anticipated northbound thruhike originally set for 29 April to be
postponed/delayed.  I now cannot leave for the trail until the middle of
June, around the 15th.

      I still, however, would like to thruhike the trail if at all possible
(or at least set myself up with an tentitive itinary that would be best
suited for a successful thruhike considering my 'late start').

I now am entertaining two possible itinaries in my head:

1. Southbound Hike-- leave Manning Park around 15th June
2. Northbound flip- leave Kennedy Meadows around 15th June, flip back and
hike the last leg from KM to Campo southbound after hiking KM to MP.

   Regarding myself,  I have a good deal of backpacking experience and am a
strong hiker, but am a novice to the PCT, as well as a novice to a hike of
this duration (my longest backcountry trip to date is only 9 weeks).

Taking these abovementioned considerations into account, I am asking any and
all out there for their opinions on what my best plan of attack is for a
(potentially) successful thruhike attempt beginning around 15th June.

Thanks all for your time and consideration in helping me out.....

Josh

Cursive"><STRONG>-</STRONG>J.P. Keefe</FONT></EM></DIV></html>