[pct-l] PCT urban legend?

That area is famous for its wildflowers.  I have seen years when the  hills
were covered with California poppies... as far as the eye could see.  With all
the rain... it doesn't seem unlikely.  Here in the Sierra  foothills near
Yosemite the poppies and lupine are blooming as never  before.  There ARE
wildflowers around with all the colors in the  picture....however.  Even though the
picture is pretty low res, if you  examine the gold and purple flowers in the
foreground, they appear to have the  same pattern.  Lupine (the purple) is a
tall conical stalk...   And.  There is a white flower in the close foreground
that is white and  right behind it, similar flowers are poppy gold.  The purple
blobs on the  right hill are consistent with deer brush or buck brush, but
other similar  blobs are in the yellow area.

All in all.... I think it's been doctored, although I would dearly like to
think it not so.  On this dreary, rainy morning I am sore tempted to head  out
the three hours of highway to go in search...

"No Way" Ray  Echols