[pct-l] Snow Conditions Past KM

On May 2, 2005, at 9:28 PM, Bill & Cathy wrote:
> Hi All can anyone give a rough guestament on the average length of
> time it
> takes to go from Kennedy Meadows to Tuolumne Meadows in a normal year
> and
> climb Mt.Whitney?

Are you talking about thru-hikers?  If so then I would say
three full days of hiking from KM to Crabtree Meadows and
then climbing Whitney on the fourth day.  Some folks hike
a bit towards Forester pass on the fourth day but most
camp again at Crabtree Meadows on the fourth night.  This
also assumes that you do not go into Lone Pine at Horseshoe
Meadows.

This was based on my experience and observation of other
hikers last year.

Gary Wright