[pct-l] Section C trail repair project report

Today a team of 8 people completed the trail tread repair behind the
Mojave Forks Dam, (CA C-13).  The trail is now repaired from the south
side of Deep Creek at the creek crossing to the crossing of Highway
173.  We found the old trail marker at the south side of the crossing,
mostly buried in silt and debris, so we moved it to the top of the bank
in plain sight and started the trail on the south bank from that point.
At this time the water is still high and swift, and it's hard to tell
where a good crossing would be.  Hikers are advised to find the best
crossing they can, then make their way to the trail marker on the south
bank and follow the tread from there.
A major project was completed two weeks ago, repairing the trail from
Devils Hole to the east end of the Mojave Forks dam.  So the trail is
now known to be passable from Devils Hole to I-15 (keep in mind the
temporary route from Silverwood Lake's west end to the top of Cleghorn
Ridge.)  I have not seen any recent reports for Holcomb Valley and Deep
Creek above Devil's Hole, so I don't know what trail or snow conditions
will be found there.  I would expect plenty of damage from  the winter
storms.
llamalady